Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
If the submission is a translation, a copy of the source language text is submitted with the translation.
The original text for a prose source may be in pdf format.
Poetry sources, all translations, articles, and reviews should be in Word, Open Office, or RTF.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The author of a translation is responsible for obtaining the permission of the copyright holder of the original work to publish a derivative work (the translation) and, in the case of poetry, to reprint the original text. Contributors are also responsible for obtaining permission to print illustrations or figures.
Copyright for articles and reviews rests with the authors. Copyright for translations rests with the translator, subject to the rights of the author of the work translated. The University of Florida Press will register copyright to each journal issue.