Should you want to a review a book, please use the following guidelines.
If you have any questions or want to query about a specific book, contact the Book Reviews Editor, Lora Arduser, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the information exactly as it appears on the copyright page of the book and provide a link to the publisher’s website.
Title [and Subtitle, if included], Authors [or Editors], Publication City, State: Publisher, Year. Total pages, price format [using the publisher’s format terms].
Methodologies for the Rhetoric of Health and Medicine. Lisa Meloncon & J.Blake Scott, Eds. New York, New York: Routledge, 2018. 314 pages, $40.76 paperback, $28.48 electronic. Publisher webpage: https://www.routledge.com/Methodologies-for-the-Rhetoric-of-Health--Medicine-1st-Edition/Meloncon-Scott/p/book/9781138235861
In approximately 1,500 to 2,000 words, summarize and analyze the primary thesis of the book. (If necessary, you may take more space.) The review should be divided into two sections (summary and analysis) of approximately equal length.
- What is the primary thesis/argument of the book?
- How did the author(s) establish and justify the thesis/argument? (Provide a summary for each chapter that traces the development of the thesis/argument)
- Answers the questions:
- What issue(s) or problem(s) does the book attempt to solve? In your opinion, how effective is the book at resolving the issue?
- What are the major strengths of the book?
- Who is the primary audience for this book? What will this audience get from reading the book?
- How does the text fit into the field of RHM? (Compare and contrast to other prominent work.)
References to the book being reviewed only need the page numbers.References to other works should following in-text and reference list guidelines per the journal’s submission policy.
Reviewer (Book Review Author) Information
Reviewer information is provided at the end of the review. You may provide a short personal description and contact information. For example:
- Reviewed by: Name, your department, your institution, your email address
Please submit the book review in Microsoft Word format using Times 12 point (double spaced).
When you have completed the book review, please submit by email to: email@example.com
Please include your preferred email addressand telephone numberin youremail.